We offer inhouse legal, risk, governance and/or compliance secondment to either work at the clients Premises or offsite for projects or day-to-day work, cover for employees absences and for fillings gaps in expertise.
Some of the examples of works undertaken
Over the years, the Principal has been involved in many transactions of the above areas of our Services, including:
- Purchase of Registered Training Organisations, including the most recent Townsville based Registered Training Organisation.
- Numerous Mergers, Acquisitions and Takeover, including the most recent between 2 not-for-profit Public Companies and charities bringing their joint undertaking to over $110 million. The included numerous business and programs including Registered Training Organisation, Settlement, Employment, Training, Youth Support Services, Housing and Social Enterprises, Mental Health, 99 Steps- Domestic Violence Program, Community Hubs, Arts and Culture, NDIS, Disability Employment Services, Parentsnext, Building and Maintenance, and Café.
- Review, negotiation and assessment of Contracts of value up to $60 million.
- Assisted with numerous franchise arrangements, including McDonalds, Coffee Club, Subway, Nando’s, San Churro, Red Rooster, Raine & Horne, LJ Hooker, Beds r us, Loot Homewares Franchise/ licence arrangements.
- Assisted with numerous Wills, Estate Administration, Probate and Trust matters.
- Assisted with numerous retirement village arrangements including AVEO and Renaissance.
- Assisted with numerous Business Structures, Terms of Trade, Shareholders/ Units Holders Agreement, Partnership, Employment, Intellectual Property, Trust, Buy & Sell, acquisitions & disposals related matters.
- Assisted with a variety of Acquisitions, Construction Agreements and Government leasing on behalf of client relating to various transport related projects including:
- Preparation and completion of 12 Shipping Building Agreement for construction of passenger ferries for provision of transportation to Curtis Island.
- Due diligence for acquisition and completing acquisition of Ferry Businesses providing passenger services across to Stradbroke Islands and across to Russell, Lamb, Karragarra and Macleay Islands.
- Securing Government Leases for site at Toondah Harbour (for office and Boat Ramp, Fuel etc.) and Gladstone for property development (for leasing and berth development etc.).
- Charter arrangement (leasing of Ships) for various projects
- Assisted with development and establishment of a Shopping Centre – approximately 25000m2 mixed-use shopping centre with lakeside eateries, supermarket, public library, retail stores and Cinema complex, and also assisted with leasing.
- Assisted with variety of numerous Units and Lots Developments projects:
- Redland Heights Development, King Street Development, South Street Development, Beach Street Development – presale of lots, house and land deals, prepared and managed large-scale off the plan contracts and conveyancing.
- Units Development Project in Nundah, assisted with project funding presale of lots, house and land deals, preparation and managed large scale of contracts and conveyancing.
- Assisted with acquisition of a Shopping Centre and managed large-scale leasing.
- Assisted many Developers with a range of simple to complex development projects including boundary realignment, purchase and amalgamation of lot and then subdivision, subdivision of lots, Development approval process, presale of lots managed large scale of contracts, Joint Venture arrangements, Put and Call Option arrangements.
- Inhouse Assistance:
- Inhouse support to a Group operating over 25 different programs and businesses. Led corporate services functions including risk, legal, quality, ICT, facilities, fleet, governance, procurement, asset management and compliance.
- Developed and implemented legal framework, contract execution processes, delegation and limits of authority and board member induction processes.
- Company secretariat function to a group of 13 companies. This included arranging for board meetings, collating and sending out agendas, board papers and reports, preparing minutes and resolutions, establishing and maintaining company registers and attending to all regulatory compliance.
- Developed and Implemented Continuous Improvement, Internal Audit, Procurement, Risk and Governance frameworks and related policies. Assisted with preparation of organisation policies as required, and maintaining quality standards, including ISO 9001, HSQF and IRAP.
We are confident of being able to deliver exceptional outcomes for you. We look forward to the opportunities to assist you.
Principal Solicitor & Managing Director